Sunday 22 January 2017

Love Weddings!

It's a while since I've been to a wedding - I think I'm between generations, so to speak. But I'm sure this card will end up being used, and anyway, it was a lot of fun to make.
My inspiration for the card was three challenges: Fab Friday's Challenge #104, which asked me to use the colours Sweet Sugarplum, Soft Sky and Very Vanilla; CAS(E) this Sketch's Challenge #205, using this sketch:
and Less is More's Theme Challenge #312, 'New Beginnings'. 

I loved the colours, finding them relaxing to work with, The sketch was... well, challenging, but I resolved that tricky sentiment issue by using a double layered die cut from a set I love, First Edition Craft's Heart Dies. I also revisited the lace stamp from Grateful Bunch, finding it much easier this second time to work with (so all those attempts last time weren't wasted!).





Made Using: 
Stampin' Up: Sweet Sugarplum, Soft Sky and Very Vanilla paper, Soft Sky and Sweet Sugarplum Ink, Grateful Bunch and Shake and Celebrate Stamp sets.
Other products:  First Edition Craft's Heart Dies, Francheville Rhinestones, Kaisercraft Stitched Borders and Rosie's 'Thanks a Bunch' flowers on the inside.

15 comments:

  1. The stamped lace adds a soft texture to your lovely card. The sentiment die cut is perfect! Thanks so much for playing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is gorgeous! I love your details - just the right amount not to overwhelm. I also go all crazy with frosting, lol, but this is PERFECT! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so lovely! Soft, romantic and dreamy - so just right for a wedding. It's interesting to see how you've made the wonderful wedding cake because it looks so different from the birthday card you made using the same set! It's like a different stamp set. You've combined all the elements stylishly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I've been surprised by how versatile the shake and celebrate set is proving to be.

      Delete
  4. Oh, so pretty! The colors are just perfect for a wedding cake! Great design. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing better than a card with cake! Terrific design. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab design! I love the colour palette, and any card with cake is a great idea in my opinion :) The lace stamping is such a gorgeous detail and looks absolutely perfect. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - the only thing better than a card with cake is, of course, the cake itself!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful colour choice and design here. Super CAS and elegant and thanks for playing along with us at Less is More. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. That colour palette is so pretty and I love the detail from your stamped lace and the faux cross stitching.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't been to a wedding in a long time either! I do have one coming up this summer and your card is great inspiration! I love the offset layers and the cross stitch die cut details! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the colour combo and layout, perfect for the wedding Thanks for joining us at less is more this week. Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So soft and sweet. The added "love" element on the lower corner is a perfect accent. Thanks for playing along with this FabFriday color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your win at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete