Tuesday 30 May 2017

White (and silver!) Wedding

As I potter around on Pinterest, I occasionally see cards made of only one colour. I'm especially impressed by the all-white ones, and what the craftspeople do to give the cards impact and flair, using the white to full advantage. I'm a bit of a fan of colour, but I thought I'd see if I could accomplish what these wonderful people are doing, using As You See It's Challenge 'Love and Marriage' and The Paper Players' PP346 sketch challenge to spur me on. 
Well, to cut a long story short, I COULDN'T! I just had to add silver (Is silver a colour? It is, isn't it...). So it doesn't really count as an all-white card, but I like it anyway. (Although it was extremely hard to do it justice when I was taking the photos.) Now I just have to wait for someone I know to get married!

Made Using: Stampin' Up Whisper White card, Bloomin' Love and Thoughtful Banners stamp set, Bloomin' Hearts thinlits, Squares Collection framelits and silver embossing powder.
Ohter products: ek 1" corner punch, American Craft Pow! silver glitter paper, Francheville pearls and design objectives cut and emboss folder - floral pattern.


6 comments:

  1. Great self-set challenge, Jo. White on white is very hard to do well but you have. I think silver counts as a neutral and the overall effect is monochromatic. It's a clever use of the Bloomin' Heart thinlits too. Thanks for joining us at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
  2. White and silver (which really counts as a neutral) is very effective for weddings and anniversaries, so you've succeeded in your goal, Jo. The effect is lacy and lovely! Thanks for playing along this week at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your details are amazing on this card! Thanks for playing along with AYSI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to you for challenging yourself! You succeeded beautifully--white and silver is such an elegant combination here and perfect for a wedding! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card, Jo! The mixture of white and silver is just really elegant. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! Crystal, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! What a stunning creation! The white and silver are absolutely gorgeous together. Thank you for sharing your card at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete